Saturday, September 06, 2008

Impromotu photo shoot

I have been wanting to get some good summer pictures of Madison for a few weeks now. As Madison was riding her new bike a few nights ago, I grabbed my camera and managed to make her a willing subject for a few minutes. I hadn't expected to get some shots that I would be so happy with - had I "planned" on it I would have, gee I don't know, combed her hair and put some cuter clothes on her!


The shot of Madison is in front of my next door neighbor's garden. I have hijacked my neighbor's landscaping in the past to take pictures of Madison. He has very simple, but very beautiful landscaping that is perfect for outdoor shots - and I just love my Nikor 55-200 mm lens for outdoor shots! It allows me to get up close without being on top of my subject and I find much greater control over my depth of field with this lens. As Madison and I walk around our subdivision, I often find myself checking out the rest of the neighbor's landscaping and wondering if they would mind if I plop Madison down and start shooting pictures! Since we live in a very large subdivision, I only know the neighbors in the immediate vicinity of our home, so they might be a little uptight with me just using their gardens for photo ops!



The close up of the hydrangea is from our landscaping. We put them in last summer. The picture of Madison holding the hydrangea blossom was actually not planned at all. The blossom was in a bucket of weeds and dead blossoms that Mike had just picked. She pulled it out and was carrying it around like a bouquet so I snapped a few pictures. I love it when I "accidentally" get a shot that I love!

2 comments:

Yasemin said...

You have a great talent that's unexplored in photography! Also, what a pretty, pretty girl-she's so sweet and photogenic! Pretty eyes too!

In other news, had a nice time watching Sunday NFL football. Good for Brett and the Jets! I didn't get to see it (was forced into watching another ho-hum, lackluster Houston Texans blowout.)

Tracy said...

Thanks! She is growing up so fast...I really am just an amateur behind the camera. I can compose a good shot, but anything technical is purely by accident.

I was able to watch the jets game - much to Mike's chagrin, Brett looked very good.

The pack looked sloppy on MNF (we were at the game in Green Bay) but Aaron Rodgers looked good. I was impressed.