Madison is such a little Princess. Really. She
believes that she is a princess. I bought her this pink dress to wear for Easter last spring. I liked the dress because it wasn't a mega-frilly thing that she could only get away with wearing on Easter Sunday. I'm cheap like that.
She has actually only worn this dress out on two occasions. Easter and to a wedding last month. The dress is washed, however, every single week. She calls it her Beautiful Dress. She takes this dress out of her closet and puts it on almost every day and wears it around the house. It usually ends up with grass stains and chocolate milk on it. It's a miracle that I can even get the stains out of it!
This evening, as the sun was begining to set, I decided to really capture Madison in her beautiful dress. I pulled out the 'ole hot rollers and did her hair really cute. We put on the dress with some of her princess dress up accessories and I grabbed my camera.

Something strange happens to my index finger when I grab my Nikon. I can't take my finger off the shutter. I suddenly don't really care what happens, I just keep my finger on that shutter and shoot.
I am the definition of the Mamaratzi. Britney Spears beware, the paparatzi have nothin' on me!!!
This is Madison right after she pinched her finger in her closet door.
I just keep on shooting.

This is Madison, three frames later, still crying and not getting any kisses on her hurt finger. Sorry Kiddo, those tears are just so darn cute that I must keep taking pictures.
Am I really that cold? Actually...probably so. There is actually a fourth picture. One where I threw a tiara on her head and she is still sobbing. I stopped long enough to find the stupid tiara, but I couldn't check to see if her finger was okay.
Actually - I'm of the belief that if there isn't any blood, it didn't happen.
Her finger is fine, by the way. She stopped crying about thirty seconds after I put the camera down.

7 comments:
She is so pretty! Someday, we need to meet your little princess in person!
This is so my Kendall...only difference, Sydney will cause the pain! I'm tellin you, Sydney is a Bruit!
I love the Mamaratzi-LOL and what a cutie! These kiddoes sure grow up fast-next thing you know instead of crying about a jammed pinky, she'll be crying because she wants pierced ears and more make-up then she's allowed! Looks like you can cancel this years trip to Kiddie Kandids-these pictures are better!
Thanks for all the nice comments - She really is a little princess! Funny thing about Kiddie Kandids - I'm too cheap to go there! I do, however, still have pro shots done at each birthday. I just go to JC Penney. They get mad at me though because I always think their un-enhanced shots look the best anyway and I spend about $8.99 for an entire portrait package. I just don't want to over estimate my photographic abilities and regret not having some sort of pro shots! I just save the fun stuff for me to do!
I love that you pay $8.99! I also like to buy just a few shots from Kiddie Kandids and they don't like that very much. I figured that I was the only one doing that all this time! One time they upsold and got me to spend almost $200.00 for his first birthday by guaranteeing extra b-day shots so I learned my lesson after that.
Oh, JC Penney loves it when I walk in with my portrait package coupon for only $8.99. (2 8x10, 2 5x7, 4 3.5x5, and 10 wallets) I usually add 2 more 5x7's for our frames at work. It works out perfectly for giving photos to the grandparents, great grandparents, and aunts/uncles. I never show my coupon until AFTER they take the pictures! Actually, they aren't too bad at JC Penney - the same company has a studio at Target and the photographer there gets really really mad at me, so I quit going there.
JC Penney is probably expecting you to go crazy and spend $200 like I did when Madison walks in with her tiara and princess dress looking very classy. Their heads must spin when they see the coupon!
Thanks for the tip. Being that I don't have photography talent, I'll be headed to JC Penney soon. Had no idea they even had a portrait studio, I figured they just had a hair salon all this time! I usually have an unpleasant experience at Kiddie Kandids (Youssef not wanting to sit on a rocking horse, irrate stay home trophy wife types impatiently waiting for you to speed up, Youssef purposely messing his hair up because you used ice cream and Target toys to lull him into this and he wants them now) so I'm so glad to hear about an alternative!
Post a Comment