**This could get wordy!**
Within minutes Mike had joined me and we were well into the surgery.
Before we knew it, they were dropping the drape in front of me so I could see them pull Cameron from my belly. My first thought was OMG, his nose is flat. (It was flat and all purply!) My second thought was OMG, another baby with a beautiful head of hair!!
The nurses all commented on how cute he was and how big he was. I expected him to be in the 8-9 pound range. I grow big babies. He came in at a whopping 9 pounds, 4 oz and 20 inches long.

So - that is Cameron's story! Stay tuned for accidents, bed sores and mishaps. (All about me!) I will also later give updates on how I am recovering, how Madison is coping as a Big Sister and I will be sure to post more pictures too!
Last Sunday night, I woke up in the wee hours and was not feeling well. I wasn't in labor yet, but I knew that the way I felt was an early sign. Of course, I couldn't go back to sleep. So I spent a few hours paying bills and editing pictures on my computer. I attempted to go back to bed around 3:40 am, but at this point, the contractions had started and they meant business! They were strong and only 5-7 minutes apart. Still, I knew I had some time. I did my best to sleep and got up at my normal time to get ready for work. I got ready, but I also prepared my hospital bag and told Mike that he wasn't going to work that day. By this point my contractions were about 5 minutes apart on a pretty consistent basis.
Daddy told Madison that baby brother was coming that day. She asked if he was going to "pop out of my belly button." Too cute. We dropped Madison off at Daycare and headed to the hospital.
I was admitted for observation and hooked to fetal monitors. The monitors confirmed my contractions and a quick check said I was dialated to 1cm. ALL THAT AND I WAS ONLY AT 1 CM!!!
During a contraction
Since my cervix had not been checked prior to going into labor, my surgeon wanted me to labor for a little while, to make sure the contractions were what was causing the dialation. Sure enough, after about 2 hours I was dialated to 3cm and was quickly wheeled to a waiting operating room.
Time to have our baby!!!
Within minutes Mike had joined me and we were well into the surgery.
Before we knew it, they were dropping the drape in front of me so I could see them pull Cameron from my belly. My first thought was OMG, his nose is flat. (It was flat and all purply!) My second thought was OMG, another baby with a beautiful head of hair!!The nurses all commented on how cute he was and how big he was. I expected him to be in the 8-9 pound range. I grow big babies. He came in at a whopping 9 pounds, 4 oz and 20 inches long.

It seemed like it took forever for the doctors to sew me up. Thankfully, Mike and Cameron were able to stay in the OR with me and then they also joined me in the recovery room following the surgery.
After about 2 hours, we were moved to our private room where Grandma and Grandpa Tigue were already waiting and Grandma and Grandpa Lee would soon join us with Big Sister Madison.
Madison did not want to hold Cameron that first night. She also did not want to give me a hug or kiss when she left. I think she was a little scared by all the tubes and machines that I was hooked up to. She was sad that we were not going home with her right away and did not understand that we had to stay in the hospital for a few days.
Chad and Jodi sent a beautitful rose plant and a bear for Cameron. The bear is so incredibly soft and I know it will be a favorite of his! Thanks, guys!
My time in the hospital was not very relaxing. Every 20 minutes there was a doctor, nurse, resident, or someone taking a vital sign, asking how we were feeling or just commenting on how much hair Cameron had. I was looking forward to going home on Thursday. Thursday morning came the crushing news that we would have to stay a bit longer due to Cameron's jaundice and weight loss. I was thankful that I could stay as a houseguest - I did not want to be going home without a baby.
Watching Cameron lie under the billi lights was tough. I knew it was best for him - but he looked so helpless, lying there and crying. He had a mask over his eyes that he often times managed to pull down over his mouth and nose. I spent countless hours standing outside the nursery window just watching to make sure he didn't pull the mask down and suffocate himself when the nurse wasn't looking!
Finally - after 20 hours under the lights, Cameron's billirubin level had come down into the low risk range and we could go home!
He had lost over 1 pound and even fit into newborn sized clothes! We quickly went to work at getting him dressed and into the car seat so we could head home before the next of two snowstorms hit. The picture of Cameron in his carseat looks just like the picture of Madison in her car seat when we brought her home!
The more I look at Cameron, the more he looks like Madison looked as a baby. He has the dark colored hair (her's was a dark auburn red!), the olive skin (jaundice has something to do with that!) and a similar disposition. He started out nursing really well, but just like his big sister, he does not like to nurse now. So, I pump and he eats from a bottle. UGH. I hope to change that before too long!

So - that is Cameron's story! Stay tuned for accidents, bed sores and mishaps. (All about me!) I will also later give updates on how I am recovering, how Madison is coping as a Big Sister and I will be sure to post more pictures too!
Oh yea - and if you're waiting for a Christmas card from us, don't hold your breath! They are coming, but may be late as we planned to do a combined Christmas Card and birth announcement.








1 comment:
The bear is bigger than him...how could that be at 9lbs 4oz!!! I know the lights were hard, Sydney did them too, but now he is all better!!! Cannot wait to see him, hope to get down there the first or second weekend in Jan. Will give ya a call to decide when. Give that little boy and my little girly godchild a HUGE hug!!!
Post a Comment