The daily happenings, thoughts, and adventures of Mike, Tracy, Madison and Cameron.
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Releasing the Safety
Before Cameron was born someone gave me a piece of advice that has stuck with me. I believe it was my friend Jodi's Mom, Shelley Brady, that said "when changing a boy, always cover the pistol."
So - I keep an extra burp cloth on the changing table (A.K.A. the baker's rack) for covering the pistol. I call it my "safety."
Like any responsible gun user, I am sure to set the safety every time, because you never know when the pistol might be loaded.
There are times, however, that you must remove the safety. For instance, one must clean the pistol after every shot and sometimes you must apply powder or cream as well.
This is where my plan fails. It seems that every time I release the safety, the pistol turns out to be loaded and the trigger is pulled. This usually results in a change of clothes for Cameron and sometimes even for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
He looks a lot like Trevor so far! Love it! You have to look out for that trigger Tracy. It happened often for me and the most funny/annoying thing is that even as a tiny baby, Youssef loved to giggle and smile about it as if he had just played a practical joke.
Gotta love little boys and thier triggers! Kaden loved to do this too and always waited until he was uncovered for cleaning purposes and he let loose. He always had such a satisfied look on his face during and after the spray! Gotta love them though. Hope you had a great New Year and a wonderful Christmas. Your son is adorable and so is Madison. I am so jealous I always wanted a red head but didnt get one. Take care,
Dawn, Nick, Karly and Kaden Kleeberger
Post a Comment