Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Getting Ready for Baby

Baby Boy Lee is showing signs that he wants out! This morning I woke up to the strongest and most painful contractions ever. I don't remember early labor contractions being that painful with Madison. They lasted about 2 hours and were about 8 minutes apart! I seriously thought today was the day. We're still hanging in there, but we are frantically getting the last minute things done so we are ready for baby!

The cradle is ready to go.....


The Baker's rack has been converted to a changing table....


The infant seat is ready to go in the car, all bundled up for winter. Yes, Madison's doll is doing a test-run to make sure it works!

We took some pictures of my huge belly....


Madison loves kissing her baby brother.....

Madison giving Mommy a little love....

We got a new baby monitor, BPA free bottles, a supply of nuks, a huge supply of diapers (Thanks Jodi!!!), and tons of baby boy clothes. I discovered a few days ago that the diaper bag was falling apart, so Madison picked out a new one at Babies 'r us.

I think we're ready. If not, well, it's too late to worry about that!

Oh yea - and for the record, this is what it looks like in Minnesota right now....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may be wrong but it looks like there's nothing like a new baby and his needs to handle the harsh Minnesota winter and subsequent house arrest that follows. I wonder if he's planning to make an early arrival? Can't wait to see pics and hear his name! I love your Christmas traditions and have never heard of the Elf one oddly.

No real traditions here but believe it or not growing up there aren't too too many either other than Christmas Eve church, holiday dinner, opening presents early in the morning. I do remember a year when Heather, David, and I opened our presents under the tree a few days early-we were very excited about a Wuzzle tent-LOL. Mom and dad were suprisingly pretty calm but we never did that again.

Tracy said...

Tehee - I'm so glad I won't have to bundle up and start my car each morning to go to work! I'll be coming back to work near the end of February - March is typically very snowy but not too cold, so I get to stay home through the worst of it. It was only about 10 degrees this morning, which for me is normally pretty unbearable, but this little furnace in me has me going out without gloves and not even noticing the cold!