Dear Princess Madison;
Three years ago today, I was lying, exhausted, in a hospital bed. After having pushed for three hours, the doctors told me that they were going to have to go get you. I said no. I had pushed for so long and worked so hard, they weren't going to add insult to injury and cut me open too. Your Grandmothers had to come in the room and convince me that surgery was the only way you would be born.
It's funny how those scary moments can be completely erased as soon as someone puts your precious baby in your arms. Its amazing how quickly a mom would sign up to do it all over again.
Despite your tumultuous entrance into the world, you bring laughter and joy to me every single day. Some days, I wish I could trap time in a bottle and keep you the way you are right now but I also find so much joy in all the new things you learn and do. You certainly keep Daddy and I on our toes!!
Your third year has been filled with many changes. You started a new daycare. I was so scared for you and felt so terrible for leaving you at a strange place where you didn't know anyone. You adapted so well, took the change in stride and quickly fit right in! The change has been good for you. You have learned to listen better, are helpful, and seem more calm.
You have become such a girly girl! You love dresses and having your hair and nails done. I was never this way as a child, so it is new territory for me. Although, I love it when you want to do Mommy's hair. There is nothing better than sitting on the floor while my sweet girl brushes my hair and says "you look bootiiiful Mommy!" You truly believe that you are a princess and beautiful dresses and pampering are what you are destined for. I hope you always take that time to pamper yourself and feel beautiful.
I love how honest you are. Even if Dawn doesn't tell me about a timeout in the day, you always tell me about it in the car. I love that you are so open when you do something wrong because it gives us the opportunity to talk about it, outside the heat of the moment and learn from it. I hope you never lose this quality. You also always throw your daddy under the bus when he gives you pop. I was always taught that drinking pop is okay, in moderation (just like everything else in life!) At your young age, I want you to learn that drinking milk and water with the occasional juice should be your go-to drinks. Even chocolate milk is ok, because it at least has some nutritional value. There is nothing in pop that is good for you - and diet pop is even worse. (dont' get me started on aspartame and other artificial sweeteners.) Daddy likes to sneak you diet 7-up from time to time and if you weren't so honest, I would probably think its just water. I love how you sell Daddy out, even if it means that Mommy might be a little bit mad.
I love how you say your prayers every night and if Mommy is in a hurry and forgets, you get so upset! It is so cute how you bless everyone, including your pooh bear, tigger, Baby Brother, and Old Grandma in Heaven.
You are a definite leader, Miss Madison. You know what you want and you don't let anything stop you. Althought this is a challenge now, I know this quality will take you far. I am proud of all that you have learned and the sweet little person that you are.
Happy Birthday, Baby Girl! Even if you truly do not have royal blood, you are the princess in my world.
Love,
Mommy
1 comment:
Happr Birthday Madison!
Post a Comment