
For as long as I can remember, my dad has been addicted to flashlights. It's a strange addiction - one that we have grown used to. He has no fewer than four flashlights on his nightstand. If we ever spend the weekend, he is always asking if we need a flashlight. Little does he know, I snuck around that house in the dark more times than I can count. I don't need a flashlight!
Anyway, back to the story! My Dad gave Madison a flashlight awhile back. She has pulled it out from time to time to play with it - but suddenly she has become quite attached to it. She has to go to bed with it every night. We've even had to start using rechargable batteries in it because she would fall asleep with it on and burn through batteries! Thank goodness for 15-minute rapid chargers!
It looks like the flashlight gene skips a generation and I have to live sandwiched in between two flashlight addicts!
3 comments:
I loved this post! We have a huge drawer of flashlights and I remember thinking a few months ago-who needs this many and there all labeled with last name! However, we don't have any on the nightstand. Did youir dad explain why he has them there?
My dad's strangest habits are a secret love for the Hallmark channel and VHS tapes with Olympics from each and everytime.
That is too funny! I have no idea why my Dad has such a thing for flashlights - he always has tho. If he is working on something, he always has to have someone standing over him with a flashlight pointed directly at what he is working on! His other obsession is putting our last name in black sharpie on EVERYTHING. Every cooler, lawn chair, pen, you name says TIGUE in bold black letters! We always joke that Grandma must not have let him put his own name on his school supplies as a kid.
My mom and dad totally have a Sharpie obsession too! And everything is also labeled under Tigue and let's be honest-who really wants to steal any of it anyway?? Lawn chairs in a traditional burnt orange/puke green 1970's motif, old flashlights that don't work even with new batteries. Sounds like you know some pack rats too-LOL. It really is kind of cute though.
Stay tuned, I'm developing a new blog, but still thinking of theme
Post a Comment