You know how some pregnant women are super cute, all baby belly and thats it?
Yea, I hate them.
I am not the cute pregnant woman. I get HUGE. My butt and thighs grow to immense proportions, my belly sticks out, my hair is unmanageable and my skin breaks out like crazy. Add to that the sausage fingers, the cankles, and the SWEAT. UGH. Below freezing temperatures are very much welcome right now!
The things we go through for our children.
Thank God there is always breast feeding, diet, and exercise to help me return to my pre-baby state. (let's hope it works as well as it did last time!)
My belly button has popped - just like a timer on a Butterball turkey. It is showing through all of my shirts! Very funny. I was feeling self concious about it (and about my wide @$$!) so I stuck a bandaid on it, thinking the band aid would help to keep it from showing through my shirt. Yea, that didn't work - it just looked like I stuck a band aid on my belly button!
I have given up on finding panties that don't show a panty line through my maternity pants. If the package says "No panty line promise," it's a lie!!!! I will continue to commit this fashion faux pas for the next nine weeks, at least.
Another fashion faux pas that I have been committing?? I'm wearing knee high hose with skirts. I thought only old and fat ladies did that. I'm eight months pregnant, there is no way I'm going to try to pull on full nylons, or even thigh-highs. Not a chance.
I bet my colleagues are getting pretty tired of my black pants and black suit jacket too. At Mayo, we wear business formal all the time. Since I work off-campus I am able to get away with dressing a little more casual during my pregnancy wardrobe crisis. However, I have been presenting on-campus a lot lately and everyone knows that professional looking maternity clothes are hard to come by and are expensive. I have two maternity suits, one looks like a tent on me - so I wear the black one on days that I have to make a presentation. I'm starting to feel like I wear it everyday!
On a positive note,I was walking through the Peace Plaza downtown yesterday. I was on my way back to my office after a presentation and some lady stopped me. She exclaimed that I looked all cute and pregnant!
Once I picked my jaw up off the sidewalk, I told her she had made my day because I really felt fat and miserable.
I'll take cute and pregnant any day.
No comments:
Post a Comment