It's that time of year again - the well-child visit to the pediatrician.
Dr. Barton, once again confirmed that Madison is perfect in every way.
Really? Are you sure she doesn't have a hearing problem, cuz she sure doesn't listen!!!
Dr. Barton said that is because she is a bright child and bright children have trouble listening. She said to just keep muddling through it - I guess muddle is the only word for what I'm doing with the listening. I've tried everything to make her listen - getting down on her level, talking, taking away favorite toys, timeout, counting to three, yelling, spanking, ignoring...I haven't found one thing that works yet! Back to the well child visit....
Madison is 3 feet 1 inch tall and she has FINALLY gained a few pounds! She is now 31 pounds. Which is good, because she has been 29 pounds for almost a year. She is right at the 50th percentile for height, weight, and overal growth.
There weren't any immunizations this time - except the mean Mommy made them give her a flu shot.
We left with instructions to call the school district to set up a kindergarten screening. I can't believe its already time to start thinking about kindergarten! It's still three years off - as her fifth birthday is after the September 1 cut-off date.
1 comment:
They sure are pushing kindergarten fast these days. I think having Madison in daycare will prove helpful. Youssef just started pre-k at his offical private elementary school and just as with Madison's transition to her new daycare, it's going well. I think it's surprised me that I didn't know how much he hated the old school until now. Cute pics of the kids. Their all growing so fast.
Post a Comment